As Principal, David leads Divurgent’s strategic information technology and cybersecurity projects and a diverse portfolio in each area. With over 40 years of IT experience, over 20 of those years are in healthcare, David leverages his multi-industry experience to provide new perspectives on the use of information technology within a healthcare setting.
With expertise ranging from establishing IT organization from the ground up, optimizing EHR platforms, managing large-scale, complex technology projects, applying data-driven analytics, to leveraging clinical data to improve clinical processes and quality of care and establishing security processes, procedures, and policies.
David has held numerous positions including CIO, Information Security Officer, Program Manager, Project Manager, and Director of Applications, where he’s been able to apply his years of dynamic experience in information technology and apply innovation solutions to today’s top-of-mind IT challenges. When David is part of the consulting team, an organization gets more than just the knowledge and expertise to complete his assignment, they also get access to an experienced IT executive that can and will provide other value add expertise and guidance to the organization.
While David’s healthcare experience spans multiple ambulatory and acute care settings, he has a strong focus in pediatric facilities.
- IT Department Establishment & Organization
- EHR Optimization & Vendor Solutions (Cerner, Epic, Meditech)
- Large-scale IT Project Management
- Metrics Measurement & Clinical Data Analysis
- Clinical Process & Quality of Care Improvement Strategies
- HIPAA Reviews & Security Incident Investigation
- Security Processes, Procedures, & Policy Establishment
- IT Performance Evaluations